We Are Export Market Development Grant Consultants
Your EMDG Spend
Your EMDG Cash Back Benefit*
We are industry leaders because we never compromise on our core values.
Full Compliance. Saving Your Time. Exceptional Customer Service.
If you are promoting your products, services, or IP overseas, then you may be eligible to reclaim almost 50% of your marketing costs. You don't have to be set up as a company and you don't have to be generating any overseas revenue for the first two years.
Watch this quick video to see how the EMDG works
What does an EMDG consultant do?
When applying for an EMDG, an EMDG consultant can assist your business in accessing the grant by assessing your eligibility, enhancing your compliance, ensuring you claim all eligible expenses you are entitled to, save your business time, and provide clarity and support throughout an audit process. Or at least, that's what your EMDG consultant should be doing!Through initial conversations, an in-depth workshop, a robust analysis of your financial statements and the implementation of well designed internal procedures, your EMDG consultant will be able to achieve the above.
Why should I solicit an EMDG consultant when I can apply myself?
Akin to many tasks in life, although we might be able to perform something ourselves, it usually is in our best interests to bring in a specialist.
You most probably have the aptitude to handle your own taxes and fix a leaking pipe, but you would prefer to engage an accountant and a plumber because you know the outcome will be of greater quality, there's no learning curve, and you'll save a tremendous amount of valuable time.
Critical EMDG Questions Explained
1. Must be an Australian business.
2. Must be spending at least $15,000 on overseas targeted marketing.
3. The product, service, or IP which the business is marketing must have significant Australian input.
4. Less than $50 Million in income
For more information on eligibility, click here.
|Facebook Ads||Google Ads||Overseas Sales Staff||SEO Fees|
|Instagram Ads||Overseas Flights||Free Samples||Photo Shoots|
|New Website Costs||Influencer Marketing||Trade Shows||Trademarks|
EMDG is governed by AusTrade.
Each application is subject to an audit, however audit levels can vary from email correspondence, phone calls, or face-to-face meetings.
Your benefit is calculated as follows:
Subtract $5,000 from your total eligible marketing spend, then divide by 2.
For example: if eligible spend = $105,000 then the benefit you will receive is $50,000.
Calculation: [($105,000 - $5,000)/2] = $50,000.
Meaning, your benefit is almost 50%.
For more detailed examples, click here.
The process with Rimon Advisory is:
1. Initial assessment and onboarding. We are determining whether your business is eligible or not.
2. EMDG workshop with specialist. We take a deep dive into your activity and financials to ensure we understand the unique characteristics of your business which will help formulate your claim.
3. We begin working on your claim. By going through each line item, we ensure your application consists of only claimable expenses and is compliant.
4. Claim is uploaded, reviewed and submitted. Before submission, you will have the opportunity to review and sign off on your claim.
5. Audit. Rimon Advisory will guide you through every step of the audit and handle as much as possible, saving you time.
6. Receive benefit. Once approved, you should receive your cash benefit within 1-2 weeks.
Each submission is retrospective, meaning your application is for the prior financial year. There are two deadlines:
1. November 30th (5 months after the financial year has ended).
2. February 28th (8 months after the financial year has ended).
The difference between these two deadlines is that submission after November 30th is only possible when using a QIP approved consultant.
QIP stands for Quality Incentive Program, and is awarded to consultants who submit a high volume of EMDG applications to a high standard.
Rimon Advisory has QIP Consultants.
We hold firm to our core values of:
1. Compliance. We ensure that your claim is fully eligible and audit proof.
2. Saving you time. We will never dump you with requests or ask you to do something we can do ourselves. We appreciate you have a business to run and endeavour to absorb as much of the work as we possibly can.
3. Exceptional customer service. We work hard to understand your business and your unique needs. We will adapt to your systems, time constraints and keep you updated.
Some of the industries our clients operate in
What our Clients Say
“I was introduced to Rimon about 5 years ago and can happily say that we have had a win-win relationship since then. Every year we are able to expand on the prior year's work. I consider them a part of our core team and our ongoing success. It's great working with grant consultants who are honest and hard working. I recommend them every chance I get.”
“I have been working with Rimon for the past 3 years. I can truly recommend these guys without any hesitation. With Rimon you will get expert advice, out of the box thinking and most importantly you will feel like you are working with trustworthy professionals.”PsyQuation
“I just wanted to say a big thanks to you and the team for our experience in completing our R&D Grant claim with Rimon over the last 2 years. It would be great if every business we worked with could have this level of care and customer support, it’s so rare. ”
Michaela WesselsCEO. Style Arcade
“These guys are fantastic! I am a new client, and their knowledge, attentiveness, honesty, and respect is hard to find these days. The team was very supportive and happy to answer any question in an area I knew little about. If you are looking for a team to help with grants, these guys are your answer!”
“Harry and I spoke with both Gary and Gidon and I have to say, I'm really impressed with how you guys operate. You are both clearly very knowledgeable, experienced and accommodating. Looking forward to building a strong partnership in the years to come.”
Jacob King StanleyStudio Hawk
“I just wanted to express our thanks for the great work done by the Rimon team. We’ve been extremely impressed throughout the entire project by the levels of professionalism and service. We look forward to doing it again in 12 months time!”