What is EMDG?
The Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) scheme is a key Australian Government financial assistance program for aspiring and current exporters. It is
- Encourages small and medium sized Australian businesses to develop export markets
- Reimburses up to
50% of eligible export promotion expenses above $5,000 provided that the
total expenses are at least $15,000. Money is spent first and then claimed in the following financial year. The
maximum grant is $150,000 and is subject to available funds.
- Provides up to eight grants to each eligible applicant. These grants do not need to be in consecutive years.
Can you apply?
If you are an Australian individual, partnership, company, association, co-operative, statutory corporation or trust carrying on business in Australia you may apply for EMDG provided you:
- Had an
annual income of not more than $50 millionduring the financial year being claimed;
- Spent at least $15,000 on eligible export promotion activities during the financial year being claimed.
First time applicants may claim the previous 2 year's expenditure in their first claim;
- Are the principal – you must own the product you are promoting (some exceptions apply); and
- Promoted your product for export, and your product is:
- A good made in Australia;
- A good made outside Australia where Australia will derive a significant net benefit from its sale overseas;
- A service except those specified as ineligible in the EMDG Regulations;
- A tourism service;
- An event held in Australia;
- An intellectual property right that mainly resulted from work done in Australia;
- A trade mark first used in Australia, or which has significantly increased in value from its use in Australia; or
- Know-how that mainly resulted from work done in Australia
What can you claim?
Eight categories of promotional activities can be claimed:
CHECK EMDG ELIGIBILITY NOW
To find out more information on what you can claim within these categories, click
here to download an information pack.